PASSENGER TERMINAL, TAWAHI
In recent years around 15 passenger ships have called at Aden and use the dolphin berths at Tawahi, or the alongside berths at Ma'alla.
The Tourist Terminal, or Prince of Wales Pier, was built at Tawahi near the entrance to the harbour in 1919 to serve a growing volume of passenger traffic at Aden. The building provides services for passengers from ships calling at the dolphin berths, 6 In and 6 Out, as well as owners and crews from the large number of yachts calling at Aden each year. Ships calling at the dolphins can use their own boats to transport passengers to and from the Terminal, or the port can provide a ferry service using its own passenger boats. Minimum depth alongside is 4.0 meters at chart datum. The Yemen Coastguard base is immediately to the east of the Terminal.
The Coastguard is responsible for security at the Terminal, and inside port limits generally. Visitors to Aden often visit historic and other sites in Aden, including the famous water tanks at Tawila, the military and Aden museums, Seera Island and castle, the bird-watching and environmental areas within the Aden lagoons and at Hiswah, and the beaches at Gold Mohur and Bureiqah (Little Aden).



Other attractions and places of historic interest are also popular. Passengers normally make such visits using coaches that collect them from the Terminal and return them at the end of their stay. Some visitors take the option of flying to one of the old cities of Yemen and returning to their vessel at the next call in Hodeidah or Mukalla etc..